Friday, March 11, 2011

PE2_GarageBand





Welcome to my GarageBand Exploration. The first thing I learned about GarageBand is that it has tutorials. There are lessons for Guitar and Piano. The coolest thing about this, is that you can actually plug in your guitar or keyboard into your mac, and GarageBand works with your instrument.



Here, you see an on screen instructor that's teaching basic chords for guitar playing. You are able to rewind and fast forward through the GarageBand tutorial if you see that you need more or less practice. You can also record your practice sessions. I do learn from my mistakes.

The above picture is an example of Magic GarageBand. These are music templates that are sorted by genre. You can use these templates and build upon them to make individual tracks, or just use this as background music for a podcast.

The above is a picture of the built in keyboard. This is a great tool for adding melody to a track. For example, I know how to play "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". So, I could record myself playing that song, and create a parody that could be used to teach a concept in my Kindergarten class. Even better, I could let my students re-create the song.

It looks like GarageBand offers endless possibilities when it comes to creating, editing, and sharing music. I am going to work some more with this.




No comments:

Post a Comment