Monday, March 14, 2011

PE4-StoryJumper




Over the past two weeks, I have researched several web 2.0 tools, and found a lot that will be beneficial to me in my classroom. However, there was one that really stood out to me. I have chosen to use StoryJumper.com as my Relevant and Innovative Learning Scenario. StoryJumper is a web 2.0 tool that allows you to create storybooks online. The books are then made available for print starting at $24.99. I am going to play around with it, and see what I can make. This is going to be a great way for my students to create an end product that incorporates sense of story and technology.

Currently, I let my students write and illustrate about story topics, which is good, but this site would make the products so professional. Students would definitely take pride in this assignment, and would gladly share their knowledge with other kids around them. This should be a great motivation tool as well.

So far, StoryJumper.com seems very user friendly. You do have to create an account, which is free, and it only takes a minute to sign up. Students can sign up also, but there is an age requirement to be able to order the books that are created. There is also a link to click on if you are a teacher. This link allows you to set up your students in your class within your account. The teacher has access to create usernames for the students, and is able to see the items that have been created.

No comments:

Post a Comment